Protecting your overall health is very important toward keeping your eyes healthy! Take good care of yourself and your eye health and vision will follow.
Keep in mind that healthy habits like eating well and being active can lower your risk for diseases and conditions that can lead to eye or vision problems, like diabetes or high blood pressure. Follow these tips for healthy vision:
- Eat healthy foods. Be sure to have plenty of dark, leafy greens like spinach, kale, and collard greens. Eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids — like salmon, tuna, and halibut — is good for your eyes, too.
- Get active. Being physically active helps you stay healthy. It can also lower your risk of health conditions that can cause eye health or vision problems — like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
- Quit smoking. Smoking isn’t just bad for your lungs — it can hurt your eyes, too! Smoking increases your risk of diseases like macular degeneration and cataracts.
7 Things to do to protect your vision
- Find An eye doctor you trust
- Add more movement to your day
- Find out if you have a family history of eye diseases
- Set up your healthy eating game
- Make a habit of wearing sunglasses even on cloudy days
- Stay on top of health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure
- If you smoke, make a quit plan
YOUR EYE HEALTH ANDCONTACT LENSES
- Wash and dry your hands before you touch your contacts.
- Always use contact lens solution to clean, rinse, and store contacts — never use water or saliva
- Never “top off” solution in your lens case(mix old and new solution together) —use fresh solution each time
- Replace your contact lenses on time every month. Don’t over wear them. Do not sleep with them if they are not extended wear lenses
- Replace your lens case at least once every 3 months.
Buy one pair of
Varilux Comfort Max lenses and
receive another pair
Terms and conditions apply.
BRAIN RX BRAIN TRAINING
When learning is easier, life is better.
Why wait, enquire today and book your child’s evaluation
FIND US AT
371 MILNER STREET